Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Creations, Knitting and Otherwise...

I HAVE been knitting! I just haven't been photographing and posting to this Blog. In many cases, I knitted and mailed things before taking pictures, which wasn't the smartest thing to do. Seems like my life has been a blur of sorts since the heavy holidays of last year. With life in general taking a course all on its own, and the earth changes (or perhaps I should say, the solar changes) affecting my body I guess I should be glad I am still standing right side up.

Any how; Enough with the excuses and On With the Show! I have always baked, but seldom took pictures of the finished product. This time I am sharing a photo of some Bacon biscuits. I found the recipe online; made it a few times and liked the outcome after 'tweeking' it a bit. What I found out was: using a good maple-flavored bacon is key. All maple-flavored bacon is not created equal. Oscar Mayer is out! Very little maple flavor or scent in it at all. I don't know if you can find it in your stores, but Colonial Maple-flavored bacon is the best.

I've 'adopted' this adorable little baby boy born last October named Jordin. His grandmother asked me to knit a sweater for him before he was born because she could not find anything in the stores to her liking. I agreed and once I met him, I was smitten and have not been able to stop knitting for him since. He's so precious and has the largest most beautiful eyes! So for time to time you will be seeing baby things for Jordin. It's a good thing his mother likes my knitting! One thing about it, he'll have things not found in stores.

Now for the pictures...
Here is Jordin's jacket and hat. I thought the colors reflected an African color scheme of Kinte-Cloth.
Here is another sweater and hat for Jordin. The cap is crocheted. He looks quite dapper in it too!
Jordin needed better washcloths. The ones available in stores for babies are a joke as far as I am concerned. They are extremely thin and plain old flimsy; plus they are too small. When a baby is a month old, they are fine, but as a baby grows you need a cloth with more substance, and regular washcloths might be too rough for baby's skin. Plus Jordin's Mom, Tanisha needed larger bibs. Store-bought ones were too flimsy for my taste so I knitted a few samples for her approval.
Here is Jordin! Isn't he Cute? Now who could resist that face!!
Here I am holding Jordin. His mother wanted me to have a picture of him modeling his sweater and cap and neither one of us had a chance to pose.
This is a Child's Felted Purse I experimented with recently. It came out well so I have to find a little girl to give it to.
Same purse........
I knitted this for the grandaughter of a friend of mine. I don't know if she will be able to wear it. When I planned it, it was for Fall/Winter last year, but I was late in getting it finished and after I mailed it, the weather in her location totally flipped and they started getting high temperatures for the majority of the winter with little or no snow (didn't most of us?). Oh well; I tried....
Here are the Bacon Biscuits. The reddish bits are the bacon; the green bits are green onions, and the darker yellow bits are cheddar cheese...
Here is a photo of the recipe so you can see the ingredients....
Hope you enjoyed your visit and take care until I post again. Hopefully it will be a lot sooner next time!

1 comment:

~*~ Shar ~*~ said...

BEAUTIFUL work and Jordin IS a doll. What a cutie! He's pretty lucky to get to have an adopted gramma who can knit/crochet for him and create such beautiful items! Enjoy and and the needlework!